The 2011 Canada Awards for Excellence
Canada Awards for Excellence Recipients Announced
TORONTO – Excellence Canada (formerly the National Quality Institute) is pleased to
announce that 21 Canadian organizations will receive the Canada Awards for Excellence for outstanding achievements in quality, customer service, and a healthy workplace.
Gary Seveny, Chairman of the Board of Governors of Excellence Canada, stated: “The Canada Awards for Excellence recipients are world-class organizations and represent outstanding role models in leadership, customer service, and employee engagement. The recipients, as well as the Founding Partners and all Partners in Excellence of Excellence Canada, are making a tremendous difference and positively impacting the growth of the Canadian economy”.
The Canada Awards for Excellence is an annual awards program to recognize outstanding business excellence in organizations in Canada. “This year marks the 27th anniversary of the Canada Awards for Excellence, which has recognized over 400 outstanding organizations in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors since its inception. Awards recipients are recognized for achieving pre-determined milestones on their organization’s excellence journey, for their commitment to quality, leadership, customer service, and a Healthy Workplace® for their employees. In addition they are socially, environmentally, and economically responsible and work hard every day to promote excellence and improve the quality of life of all Canadians”, says Allan Ebedes, President and CEO of Excellence Canada.
Excellence Canada is a not-for-profit, independent organization with a mandate to help private and public sector organizations implement programs of excellence. Excellence Canada works with organizations to manage self-assessment activities, review business processes, and develop improvement programs. Organizations and businesses in Canada also recognize that a healthy workplace is essential to attract and
The awards will be presented at the 2011 Canada Awards for Excellence Luncheon on Tuesday, November 1st at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto.
His Excellency, the Right Honourable David Johnston, C.C., C.M.M., C.O.M., C.D., the Governor General of Canada, is the Patron of the Canada Awards for Excellence.
Recipients of the 27th Canada Awards for Excellence, 2011
ORDER OF EXCELLENCE AWARD
This is the highest level of recognition presented by Excellence Canada.
The following organizations have successfully maintained a focus on excellence over the long term and have previously received the CAE Gold Trophy. These awards will be presented by Excellence Canada.
Order of Excellence, Quality
- Hill & Knowlton Canada, Toronto, Ontario (Head Office)
Order of Excellence, Excellence, Innovation and Wellness
- Trillium Health Centre, Mississauga and West Toronto, Ontario
EXCELLENCE, INNOVATION, AND WELLNESS AWARD
This award is based on Excellence Canada's Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP) for Quality and Healthy Workplace®. Presented by Sun Life Financial
To receive the Gold Trophy, organizations must have fully met Excellence Canada's Quality and Healthy Workplace® Criteria, with documented overall achievements and results. To receive Bronze and Silver recognition, organizations must be at the equivalent of Level 3 in Excellence Canada's Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP), which is a target-driven, incremental approach to applying excellence criteria.
Silver Award Recipients
- Baxter Corporation, Mississauga, Ontario
- Ceridian Canada, Markham, Ontario
- Children’s Aid Society of the Region of Peel, Mississauga, Ontario
- Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan, Regina, Saskatchewan
- Ontario Teachers Insurance Plan, Waterloo, Ontario
This award is based on the Canadian Framework for Excellence which is used by numerous organizations as a management model for continuous improvement and the achievement of significant operational results. These awards will be presented by Ricoh Canada.
To receive the Gold Trophy, organizations must have fully met Excellence Canada's Quality Criteria, with documented overall achievements and results. To receive Bronze and Silver recognition, organizations must be at the equivalent of Level 3 in Excellence Canada's Progressive Excellence Program® (PEP).
Gold Trophy Award Recipients
- Cargill Value Added Meats - Canada, London, Ontario
- CMA Canada, Mississauga, Ontario
- Forest and Range Evaluation Program (FREP), Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, Ministry of Environment, Victoria, British Columbia
- GE Aviation – Bromont, Bromont, Quebec
- Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources – Southern Region, Peterborough, Ontario
Silver Award Recipients
- Bridgestone Canada Inc. – Joliette Plant, Joliette, Quebec
- Capital Projects Division (CPD), Alberta Infrastructure, Government of Alberta
- Centre spécialisé de technologie physique du Québec inc. (CSTPQ), La Pocatière, Quebec
- Office of the Public Guardian, Alberta Seniors and Community Supports, Government of
Certificate of Merit Recipients – Projects Category
Government of Alberta (3 projects)
- A Risk Management Approach to Groundwater Protection at Confined
Feeding Operations in Alberta, Natural Resources Conservation Board
- GoA Enterprise ICT Service Coordination Initiative: Desktop and Worksite Support Project – Bundle 3, Service Alberta
- Housing Starts Here: Year One of Implementing the Provincial 10-Year Plan to end Homelessness, Alberta Housing and Urban Affairs
Healthy Workplace® AWARD
The Healthy Workplace® award, presented by Great-West Life, is based on Excellence Canada's Canadian Healthy Workplace® Framework developed in partnership with Health Canada and in association with professionals from the health and wellness sectors.
Silver Award Recipient
- Ontario Ministry of Northern Development, Mines & Forestry, Government of Ontario
Bronze Award Recipient
- Workplace Safety & Insurance Board, Toronto, Ontario (Head Office)
HEALTHY WORKPLACE® AWARD FOR SMALL ORGANIZATIONS
This award recognizes excellence in organizations with less than 50 employees and is based on the Excellence Canada's Healthy Workplace® 10 Point Criteria for Small Organizations. This award will be presented by Great-West Life.
Bronze Award Recipient
- Public Health Agency Canada, Ontario and Nunavut Agency Regional Office, Toronto, Ontario
PROUD SPONSORS OF CANADIAN EXCELLENCE
Excellence Canada gratefully acknowledges the support of the following organizations that have helped make this year's events possible.
Champions of Excellence
Sun Life Financial
Bureau de normalisation du Québec (BNQ)
Desjardins Financial Security
Hill and Knowlton Canada
Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver
Region of Peel
Westin Harbour Castle
Your Workplace Magazine